Saturday, October 27, 2012

Final reflections



To be completely honest, while I think that the blog assignment is a very good idea, I think its potential was not fully realized. One of the goals of this assignment was to have a dialog between two classmates. While we started out pretty well, there was not a consistent “conversation” about the blog posting. Perhaps this is due to the time constraints that many of us face. (I know that I am struggling to keep up with all of the reading and posting myself, and I noticed a big drop-off in the discussion board posts this past week).

It was difficult for me to think of an interesting topic to write about, that I had not already written about for the discussion boards. I suppose that may be a good thing – it did cause me to stretch my mind a little bit more than I would be inclined to do without the assignment.  

These comments are not complaints. I think that they are indicative of some of the challenges of asynchronous learning that we read about earlier in the semester. Attrition is a problem in Distance Ed, more so than in face-to-face classes. This blog activity was a good attempt to overcome the isolation that is felt during an online class.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny,

    You are so right about time constraints! That, along with sickness and the weather have prevented me from doing the job that I intended to do with your blog. I think you have done great keeping up. I wrote some posts for my blog that I am just putting up. I apologize for not being more vigilant and checking your blog consistently.

    Valerie Warner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, Valerie! It wasn't meant to be a complaint, and I certainly understand how difficult it can be to keep up with the class (i've been pretty lax this week myself!). I hope you're feeling better and that you made it through the storm with minimal impact.

      Delete